Your Local Savannah Personal Injury Attorney
Call or Text 24/7 for Protection 912.335.5000


I’ve represented hundreds of local folks who have been in every conceivable type of crash – from fender benders to catastrophic tractor-trailer collisions. What I have learned is that there is a huge segment of the population in Savannah (and all over Georgia) that is driving with no insurance at all. In addition, the majority of drivers are carrying only the minimum limits which do very little to protect you if you’re seriously injured. But when I ask my clients what insurance coverage they have, they don’t exactly know. They almost always tell me what their agent has told them - “I have full coverage.” If that does not include Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage, it doesn’t mean anything.

If you are like most people, you think that your automobile insurance protects the value of your car and covers you in the event you cause an accident. That is true. But the question you may not have considered, and the one that is more important is, "What happens if someone runs into me, hurts me, takes me out of work, and saddles me with huge medical bills?"

Georgia law only requires drivers to carry automobile liability insurance of $25,000 person and $50,000 per accident. What that really means is that, no matter how badly the driver hurts someone else, the at-fault driver's insurance company will have to pay only $25,000 to the injured person. With today’s exorbitant medical costs, that doesn’t cover much. Add that to time out of work and lost wages, and most people are in for a disaster.

So what can you do to protect yourself and your family if someone without insurance or without enough insurance hits you? Buy Uninsured Motorist coverage to protect yourself and your family.

Uninsured Motorist (UM) Coverage is designed to protect you when you are hurt by an uninsured or underinsured driver. It is cheap and easy to buy and could save you thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars. You can and should add it today simply by calling your insurance agent or company and telling them you want it. Tell them you want “add on” or “stacking” coverage so that your coverage is in addition to the coverage of the at fault driver.

Have your agent explain your coverages to you. If you have any questions or want to discuss what insurance coverages you should buy, call me. There’s no charge and I’d be glad to talk to you. I do not want to see any more clients lose what they have worked for or see anyone else’s children without enough money for medical care because they did not know which insurance they needed.